Terms of Service
- Acceptance of Terms of Service
- By registering for and/or using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information, and other materials or services, registered or otherwise.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change the eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you are in compliance with these Terms of Service and all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you, and the right to access the Services is revoked where you are not in compliance with these Terms of Service, where use of the Services is prohibited, or to the extent the offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
- As part of the Services, you may be required to register for a user account with HOPO through the Site and/or other applications provided by HOPO (an “Account”). You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated. You shall not: (i) select or use as a username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use, as a username, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- Your Account information may include information that is personal to you, such as your name, email address and phone number (collectively, “ personal details”). You may only provide your own personal details. You may not provide personal details of any third person. You must update your Account information to reflect any change to your personal details. If at any time any portion of your Account information is inaccurate or incomplete, or if you otherwise violate these Terms of Service, we may in our sole discretion and without advance notice choose to suspend or terminate your access to Services, your Account or both.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services without permission. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services, breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account. You shall have the ability to delete your Account by sending a request to info@HOPOhomes.com.
- HOPO Membership
As part of the Services, you may apply to become a member or tenant of the HOPO community (such members, “ Members,” and such membership, “HOPO Membership”). An application for HOPO Membership may involve several steps, including, but not limited to: (i) providing certain personal details, such as your name, email address and phone number; (ii) answering several questions about yourself, such as your housing budget and other housing preferences; (iii) providing payment information to a third-party payment processor that we use (the “Payment Processor”) such as direct debit information for an account with a financial institution or a credit card for the purpose of future processing of any payments to us that you authorize, such as HOPO Membership, deposit and housing rental fees; (iv) electing to share certain personally identifiable information with HOPO and/or third party websites, services or applications for the purposes of running a background or credit check; (v) providing other personal or financial information as may typically be requested on a rental application; and (vi) a brief phone interview with one of our team members. We may reject or approve applications for HOPO Membership in our sole discretion in compliance with applicable laws. If you are approved for a HOPO Membership, you will have the option to review and agree to HOPO’s Membership Terms that, along with this Agreement, will govern your use of the Services.
- For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services.
- You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Services is or will continue to be accurate.
- Notices and Restrictions.The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
- Use License.Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for purposes other than using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. This license does not grant you any ownership rights in the Content.
- Availability of Content.We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Services. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- Rules of Conduct
- You promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services.